J – CAD Inc. works with many clients globally helping them design prototypes or providing them with patent drawings through our CAD drafting services. Once the design is approved, we can easily make your prototype part(s) and ship them to your door for product approval. After assisting you with your prototype & patent process, we can also assist you with mass production as we have mold making and manufacturing capabilities as well.
International Patent Drawings Requirements
- Black ink on white paper.
- Color is rarely allowed, and only when the color is necessary to describe the invention (a separate petition must be submitted to the USPTO before color is allowed).
- Photographs are only allowed where photographs are the only practical method of displaying the invention. For example, inventions involving a scientific gel are not suitable for drawings, and photographs are more appropriate to physically demonstrate the invention.
- The paper must be white, matte (non-shiny), flexible and strong. Writing is only allowed on one side of the paper.
- The paper size must be either 21cm by 29.7cm or 21.6cm by 27.9 cm (8 1/2 by 11 inches)
- Each page must have margins of specific length on all sides (visit www.uspto.gov to find the specific dimensions).
- The drawing(s) must contain as many views as necessary to properly show the invention. Exploded views and blown-up partial views of specific portions of the invention may be used. If you do need to show different views of the invention, the drawings must be grouped together and facing the same direction on the page.